In partnership with an established network of training providers, we design and implement bespoke work experiences and Pre-Employment Training (PET) programmes, which precede formal works placements or apprenticeships.
In 2014/15, K10 delivered
Our programme effectively prepares learners for work by providing them with the essential ‘work-readiness’ capabilities required by a particular trade.
Our construction clients benefit by having a trained and ready-to-go talent pool from which to select their next generation of workers and apprentices.
WHAT DOES K10’S PET PROGRAMME INVOLVE?
The structure of the programme includes:
- 4-week on-site training programme delivered by K10.
- Training in cohorts of 10 x 18-23 year-old aspiring construction apprentices.
- Mixture of classroom and practical on-site experience and learning.
Subject areas covered include:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Training & Test.
- Level 1 Health & Safety Diploma, including manual handling, fire safety & working at heights.
- Functional Skills: Maths, English and ICT to Level 1.
- Selected Prepare-for-Work/Employability Modules, including working as a team, preparing for interview, time management, dealing with pressure/conflict, work-based scenarios.
- Introduction to trades, including trade taster sessions delivered by specialists on-site.
- Introduction to a construction site, including inductions, tours and introductions to site-work through guided experience sessions.
- 100 hours practical trade-specific work experience on-site.