K10 Apprenticeships Ltd is delighted to have been selected as the main construction apprenticeship partner for the Heathrow Academy. With a commitment to deliver 600 apprenticeships over the next 3 years across Heathrow Airport. We are looking to recruit a fantastic team to sit within their Recruitment, Apprenticeship and Development arms and for this role in particular, are looking for an experienced Pre-Employment trainer to deliver our regular programme to potential construction candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated by making a real difference with the work they do but is also commercially aware to ensure that the funding streams for the training that we deliver are optimised.
To support the Heathrow Academy in providing professional training to local Residents and individuals requiring additional support to enter employment at Heathrow Airport within the retail, customer service, hospitality, facilities management, aviation and logistics sectors. To enable employers to recruit individuals aligned to Heathrow’s vision of “making every journey better”.
- Deliver the Pre-Employment Training including the pre-employment inductions and airport tours
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately by candidates/ learners in order to fulfil funding registration and contract obligations
- Understanding the Heathrow Academy pre-employment strategy and ensuring that programmes are delivered in line with this
- Building excellent working relationships with Recruitment Officers to gain a clear understanding of specific accounts and their employability needs
- Working seamlessly with the Recruitment Team per cohort to keep up to date with employment opportunities and help position the programme in a relevant manner enabling candidates/ learners to understand the skills and abilities needed for current opportunities available
- Liaise in a professional manner with internal and external bodies
- Any other duties as may be required to assist in developing the Programme.
- Suggest any revisions required for the pre-employment programme to the Heathrow Academy management team
- Fulfil all administrative tasks for efficient and effective delivery of the programme.
- Contribute to the Internal Quality Assurance Process where appropriate
- Ensure that all candidates/ learners are provided with a good basic understanding of their rights and responsibilities in terms of equal opportunities and the appropriate methods for dealing with such discrimination (including an awareness of the grievance procedure)
- Ensure that the training environment and assessment process are free from discrimination
- Effectively communicate with internal and external parties in a professional manner
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the Heathrow Academy standards, processes and procedures
- Understand and promote the culture of “safeguarding” of all candidates/ learners who participate in Heathrow Academy programmes
- Take ownership for developing and retaining a professional and productive relationship with the team, business partners and candidates/ learners
- Adhere to all of the rules and regulations associated with holding an Airside ID · Develop and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and others
- Participate in any other reasonable duties/projects as requested by the Line Manager
- Meet all quality standards set out by the Heathrow Academy, including commitment to, and promotion of, all policies including Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Airport security
- Attend relevant meetings in accordance to the Heathrow Academy meeting schedule
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place for this job role. The role holder must meet quality standards and achievement of targets set by the Heathrow Academy, performance is monitored as part of the organisations’ quality assurance arrangements
Qualifications and Experience
- PTLLS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Experience in delivering training to large, diverse groups of individuals
- At least 2 years’ experience in delivering construction-specific modules within Pre-Employment programme i.e CSCS, Level 1 Health & Safety, Working at Heights, Manual Handling
- Experience of team working and maintaining effective communications
- Understanding barriers to employment · Excellent oral skills with a polite and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to relate effectively to a wide range of people by telephone and face to face
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing through reports as well as researching and analysing data and information.
- Ability to work flexibly and under own supervision · IT skills (range of software e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook for emails)
- This role is subject to a CRB check and 5 year reference history
- Experience of working with unemployed individuals
- Airport experience
Framework and boundaries
The employment contract for this role is held directly with K10 and is seconded in to the Heathrow Academy team.
The role holder must act as an ambassador for the Heathrow Academy (a sub-brand of Heathrow Airport Limited) at all times; this includes conduct, dress code, delivery standards, values and business behaviours.
- Keeping everyone safe
- Treating everyone with respect
- Giving excellent service
- Working together
- Doing the right thing
- Improving every day
- Takes accountability for work, reflects on own actions, and supports others to do the same:
- Changes behaviour without direction from others when situations change
Work as a Team
- Work with others to achieve goals and creates a great place to work:
- Shares own opinions with the team and gives others the chance to share their thoughts
Look after our customers
- Provides a high level of service based on an understanding of customers’ needs:
- Builds on knowledge and skills in own area and Heathrow and uses these to enhance the customer experience
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in own area of expertise and of Heathrow as a whole to provide excellent customer service
- Build Relationships Seeks and considers others’ views in order to reach an agreement:
- Considers the impact of own actions on others an adjusts accordingly
- Supports other team members by working collaboratively to create win, win outcomes
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
Construction Training: 1 year
Required licence or certification: • PTLLS or equivalent teaching qualification
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org