K10 is an award winning Social Enterprise. We’re a fast growing, social impact business helping to address the huge social problem of urban youth unemployment by creating apprenticeships in the construction sector. Set up as an independent company in 2010, we unlock apprentice opportunities by working with large contractors and developers, and we then employ the individuals, which we are able to do by being an accredited Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) – part of the National Apprenticeship Scheme.
We are distinctly different to any other apprenticeship service available in the UK and are at a hugely exciting stage in our rewarding journey – offering an opportunity to join a fast growing team with excellent progression routes for the right individual. We are looking for pioneering, energised & professional individuals who are excited & motivated by making a really positive difference to the lives of individuals and communities.
To build & maintain strong & effective working relationships with our college & training partners. An apprenticeship is a qualification & education-led programme so the emphasis is on the Education Co-ordinator to ensure that education remains at the forefront and that our partners work effectively for our apprentices and report to us accurately and in a timely fashion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in setting up candidates who have just been employed onto the K10 apprenticeship framework with the relevant education provider
• Contacting candidates in order to enrol them into college and highlight their start dates, informing them of which college to attend and documents they need
• Act as a liaison with the college to highlight K10 requirements and relevant course information for the candidate.
• Inform the college which trade each apprentice will complete on-site and any previous learning issues.
• Organise and chase up relevant paperwork from the college including Apprenticeship Agreements and Individual Learning Plans.
• Receiving updates from college partners on progress of apprentices and inputting into database and communicating via weekly meetings with Apprentice Managers.
• Correlate & manage an effective attendance register for apprentices & alert colleagues if there has been any absenteeism. Keeping the colleges & training providers on their toes in a constructive, engaging manner.
Candidate ideals & desirables.
• Sharp, efficient and demanding administrator
• Ideally but not necessarily experienced in education sector – (perhaps experience gained in a school, college. Careers services, training provider, ESF contractor)
• Commercially astute/high energy.
• Proven Relationship builder & confident communicator.
What’s on offer? – An opportunity to really contribute to the growth of a company at a very exciting phase with a salary of £21-28k depending on relevant experience. Excited by this? Then we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV & cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org