Apply by: 18 September 2017
Start date: 25 September 2017
Salary: £170 - £180 p/week
This is a great opportunity to work alongside experienced multi-skilled tradespersons.
This is a great opportunity to work alongside experienced multi-skilled tradespersons. The successful candidates will undertake a Maintenance Apprenticeship, with supervision, learn and carry out building fabric and basic general electrical/mechanical maintenance tasks within the building trades throughout premises. This is a great opportunity to learn in a hands-on way, whilst gaining a professional qualification.
- To assist and observe staff receiving and processing maintenance orders.
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, power tools and so on.
- Carry out repairs under supervision to the building fabric, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Understand and maintain building fabric items.
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment.
- To report any repairs as requested
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of health & safety in the workplace (working at heights, lone working etc.)
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practises within the built environment.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Record and report information accurately, internally and externally.
- To liaise with other staff and attend meetings if required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of the post.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to create effective working relationships
- Ability to comply with policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude
- Enthusiastic ability to perform under pressure
- Aptitude and ability to problem solve
- Commitment to quality and excellence
Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 1.
- 4 days on site, 1 day in college